Sunday, April 7, 2013

Getting back in the swing of it

I hope.

See, I can't plan a whole book out. Maybe the outline, but never every single scene. Most of the time I'm just winging it.

For instance:
I wasn't going to introduce a specific character until MUCH later on in the book. However I just decided to have them show up in the coffee shop my MC is hanging out in. The MC doesn't know about this other characters importance until later on, but I'm adding an interesting minor plot twist.

See? I did not plan that out.

-----------

“Miss Nevett, please,” says her guards gruff voice. “Your father - ”
She interrupts with a mumble that I can’t catch, then, “...so no!”
They mutter back and forth, so I pick up another flower. Then I witness the oddest thing. Nevett gets a soft, caring look on her face as she looks in her guards eyes. Then she lifts herself up and kisses him. 
I look away as fast as I can, jam the flower back in the pot, ignore the angry cry of the flower seller, and hurry out of there. I don’t know why I did. It was just odd seeing that taught princess in some relationship with her guard. How incredibly cliché.

-----------

Yup.

I'm now about 2/3 done with Part One (of four). Yay!

Only because I cranked out, like... 2,000 some odd words today. My goal is to stay a day ahead, though I think I'm at two now (not that there's anything wrong with that). It felt awesome.

Speaking of awesome, I had to host a spaghetti dinner last night. I didn't know you were suppose to dress up so I appeared in jeans, convers, and a college jersey (not mine). I had a fantasy moment where I was Sebastian from Black Butler -
- and I instantly changed into some black waitress dress or something.
That would've been awesome.

§Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment