Thursday, April 4, 2013

10K MARK! :D

Favorite excerpt:


I’ll save you the details of the couple carrying their bulging trunks up the stairs, taking up the entire width, literally. I couldn’t pass them at any angle that wouldn’t be awkward.
Thankfully their room is on the first floor and I hold myself back from sprinting past them. Slow people aggravated me, enough said.
Back in my own room, I shrug off the cloak and an intense, aching pain blossoms in the soles of my feet. Walking all day for three weeks straight is finally catching up to me. Maybe I just won’t get out of bed tomorrow...
I dig up enough energy to change into sleeping clothes, a thin pair of cotton trousers and an equally thin shirt. The bed is made, and I expect there’s new water in the basin too.
Tiredness drags my eyelids down, but my nerves are still running. It’s been one day in Pearlport, and already it felt like a lot has happened.
Or maybe that’s just me.


§Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment