Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A New Log

So I've picked up the video game Dragon Quest IX : Sentinels of the Starry Skies... again. What is it, like my sixth file? My longest playing time was over 200 hours once, but I got bored so I deleted it.

I find it hard to play thing over and over again, cause you know exactly what's going to happen. However, I had created a solution for that.

Usually, this is my party set up: (using random names)
Lucy - ranger - bow
Erik - thief - claws
Terrace - martial artist - staff
Irma - priest - wand

EVERY SINGLE TIME.

So, here's how this one is going to go...
Lucy - martial artist - staff
Erik - warrior - sword
Terrace - mage - whip
Irma - priest - wand (Really, if you don't have a priest you are dead. For sure.)

It works like that because I'm working these characters after the characters in my book. The main character (Lucy) is a ninja-like warrior who fights with a staff. Erik is a beginning warrior, and becomes very talented with a sword. Terrace is a fire wizard, and fights purely with magic. Irma is technically also a ninja-like fighter, however I needed a priest.

This will be very different because
  1. The main character has never been a martial artist before
  2. I've never not had a thief
  3. First time with a mage character
Since the novel has side characters, I will also create characters for them in DQ. For example, one will be a gladiator because she (yes, she) works with an ax-like weapon. Another character will be the thief  because he is a pirate in my book.

I'm actually looking forward to it quite a bit.

§Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment